PDA

View Full Version : How are you liking Britax Bodyguard?

DebHgn
09-07-2004, 05:40 PM
People on E Opinions aren't loving it. How are you guys liking it?

Joolsplus2
09-07-2004, 06:45 PM
Ok, try not to laugh at me, but occasionally the thought will just randomly pop into my head...'you know, I love our bodyguards more and more every day...' (Yes, I am a carseat obsessed nerd...is there a 12 step program?)
My kids both have them for spare use, though my 7 yo ds uses his more and more, and likes it more and more. I like the lapbelt lockoffs, which my kids can do fine themselves, I like the headrests, and so do they, I like that it is SO easy to adjust the height and width of the seat.
I have a part time job at a baby store, so I can compare the BG to several other booters (Komfort Kruiser, Starriser Comfy, Compass B500, Big Kid), and it's the tallest, sturdiest choice. My kids never complain that there's not enough padding (they have complained about one or two of our other seats, so I know they aren't just not saying anything, lol).
I realize not all seats are perfect for all people, and we DO like our other boosters, too (Big Kid and Turbo, also a couple of backless models, and the Starriser Comfy I sold to fund the BG...even a Recaro Start!) but somehow this one just never fails to impress. My kids especially love the Fiesta cover, though it's less "pillowy" on the sides than denim...more cold nylon than softer denim...and I'll be thrilled when the paisly and camoflage covers are available separately (just as covers, I don't really need the whole seat...or at least I can't convince my DH that I do, lol)

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

brubeck
09-15-2004, 07:49 PM
I just got our Bodyguard a little over a week ago and my DD loves it. Now I should point out that I had read in Toddler Bargains about some kids not liking the wings around the head so I took her to the store and had her try it out in person before I bought. Since she was satisfied with it I didn't let her sit in any other seats. DH and I looked at the Starriser Comfy next to it in the store and we could see the improvements. No other booster seat there (they had the Turbobooster and Jupiter booster among others) had the level of padding and safety 'coverage' that the Bodyguard had. Seeing it IRL convinced me that it was the safest one.

I didn't know about the locking clips before seeing it IRL but they are GREAT! They help hold the belt in place and discourage DD from knocking the belt loose on her own. My DD is also tall so I like that it has the tallest height adjustment of any seat out there.

My understanding is that the big complaints are the head wings (DD didn't mind these) and the fact that it doesn't start until 40 pounds. Well I waited until DD hit 40 pounds and then transferred her to the booster. Before that she was in her Britax Freeway (like RA but forward-facing only). Were there any other complaints you have heard of?

Frankly I really don't understand why this seat gets such a bad rap. Is it honestly just the head wings?