PDA

View Full Version : Britax RA Now--What next?

MI_MOM2
09-17-2004, 04:32 PM
Hi,

My DD is 38 inches tall & about 28 lbs. She uses a Britax RA now. Her baby brother will be out of his infant carrier & into her Britax RA in the next month. What is the next car seat you recommend? Marathon??

Thanks!

LBW
09-17-2004, 08:29 PM
If she's not ready for a seat belt booster I think your only options are a Marathon, Britax Wizard, or Britax Husky. They are the only seats being sold right now that allow you to use the harness past 40 lbs. and 40 inches -- someone please correct me if I'm wrong about the inches. (Another RA wouldn't make sense because she'd need another seat after 40lbs.)

If you already have a RA, you'll love the Marathon.

Momof3Labs
09-17-2004, 08:45 PM
When Colin outgrows his RA (soon), we'll probably buy a Husky. The Husky is large and can't be brought on the airplane, but it lasts to 80lbs - virtually forever, lol. We also have a Marathon and love it but think we'll get more time out of the Husky than a second Marathon.

Joolsplus2
09-19-2004, 01:26 PM
The Marathon is terrific, and she could even rearface in it... :) (see the link in my sig...older kids find rearfacing to be totally fun, lol).
But you don't HAVE to get a higher harnessed weight seat, a seat with taller top slots that harnesses to 40 pounds should be just fine. The best ones currently are the new Graco Platinum Cargo (with EPS foam in the head, just like a Britax!) or the Evenflo Chase or Traditions, that are very well padded and comfy. Either one of those has taller top slots and front adjusters, and should last you a long time (to be handed down to your ds when you get dd a nice belt-postioning booster when she's 5 or so).
But if you're very fond of Britax quality and have the budget for it, the Marathon, Wizard, or Husky are all great choices for a child that age and size.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx