PDA

View Full Version : I need booster help!

monroec
09-23-2004, 01:49 AM
I’m looking for a convertible/booster seat to put my 3 year old into. I’ve researched the Graco Ultra Cargo and my only concern is the issue with the seat belt positioners. Is there a booster out there with a 5 point harness and belt positioners that aren’t a risk?

Joolsplus2
09-23-2004, 01:31 PM
The thing about these positioners is that they are not actually necessary...you can just buckle the belt over the child and the seat and not bother with them at all. For most 40 pound 4 and 5 year olds, they won't need the belt guides for comfort (keeping the belt ON the shoulder and OFF the neck).
It's more important to focus on the features of the seat you are using right now: is it comfortable? can the harness be adjusted easily? are the top slots tall? Does it install tightly in your car?
The seat that Consumer Reports recommends, the Cosco Summit, has the open belt guides, but the belt STILL sticks in them dangerously...the belt guides just aren't open enough. (plus, it's not well padded, the top slots are very very short, and the base is so huge it won't install well in smaller cars).

Hope that helps little,

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

monroec
09-23-2004, 11:10 PM
Julie,
I have been looking into this for the past few days and your reply is the first thing that makes sense to me. Thanks so much.