PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP! What is best for my daughter?

Tripple_E
09-23-2004, 03:17 PM
Hello all. I am usually good at this stuff, but I am at a loss right now. My daughter is 3 yrs, 8 mos old. She is currently 40 1/2 inches tall and 37 lbs. We have a Britax Roundabout and Expressway for her. But I think at 40 1/2 she needs a bigger seat, but she is not ready for a booster/seat belt positioner. I want the safest seat on the market, don't care about the price. Can you please offer any help?

Joolsplus2
09-23-2004, 03:52 PM
Your choices are: Husky or Marathon or Wizard. www.britaxusa.com has all the specs.
I own the Husky (for my 7 year old) and the Marathon (for my 5 year old) and they both have growing room in them (my 5 yo has less room to grow in the MA than my 7 yo does to grow in the Husky, but I fully expect her to make it to age 6.5 or longer in the Marathon).
I posted a load of pictures of different sized kids below in the Husky, and some of those links have Marathon and Wizard pictures, too, so you should be able to get a pretty good idea for the size of the seats and the kids who fit in them.

You may well have a wee bit more time to go in your RA...you can use it till her shoulders are *just* above the top slots or she's 40 pounds. The 40 inches is kind of a guideline, kids are all different shapes (long legs, long torsoes, vice versa) and can outgrow that seat anywhere from 38-44 inches :)

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Tripple_E
09-23-2004, 04:07 PM
Julie, thank you so much for your feedback. I think I'll go with the Husky. I really appreciate your help!