PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Bauer High Back Booster

LisaM
10-17-2004, 07:52 PM
We recently purchased the Eddie Bauer High Back Booster. We will use the 5 point harness until our child is 40 lbs. and then the car seat will be used as a booster. Please let me know what reviews or opinions of this car seat/combination seat.

Thanks,
Lisa

Joolsplus2
10-18-2004, 01:55 PM
It's a fine seat, but the top slots are VERY low, and it's highly unlikely a taller or thinner child will make it to 40 pounds harnessed. If you have a stockier kiddo, then it might work fine for you.
The seats by Graco and Evenflo have much taller top harness slots and taller seatbacks for use as a booster later, so if you have a string-bean kid, you will get a lot more use out of one of those seats. (The Cargo or Chase).

If your seat fits your child and your car and you use it properly every time, then it's perfectly safe, of course :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

LisaM
10-19-2004, 10:22 PM
Thanks for your response. Our daughter is petite. I do understand what you are saying about the slots being lower and you are right for a taller child, I don't think this combo seat would work. We are using it so hopefully we will be happy with it. I am not for sure if I like the puzzle type lock, but I need to get used to it since our other one was the standard lock.
Lisa