PDA

View Full Version : Is there such thing as a footrest for use w/ carseat?

Joolsplus2
10-29-2004, 06:50 PM
What carseat is she in? She might not be uncomfortable straddling her seat, and it's certainly not dangerous. Or maybe there's a seat that has deeper thigh support she'd be more comfortable in.
But anyway, no, there are no safely approved actual products except for the Recaro Start footrest that goes with the Recaro Start booster. Anything else you may find is not crash tested with your specific seat and could be dangerous in a crash.

I've toyed with the idea of just giving my kids something to put their feet on...like a half-inflated beach ball, or small, light, plastic footstool, or even a duffel bag full of car supplies, towels, whatever, but somehow have never done anything about it (my 5 yo is in the Marathon which is high off the vehicle seat, and she uses the vehicle seat as a foot support, and my ds is 7 and in the Britax Husky which is so wide he can cross his legs when he wants to).

I wish there WERE something out there that is light and crash tested and doesn't interfere at all with the seat's installation...there's just nothing yet :(
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

vsmommy123
10-29-2004, 06:56 PM
My DD is 3 1/2 (about 40" tall) and seems to be uncomfortable when sitting in her car seat on long drives. She straddles her legs in order to hang one leg off of each side of the car seat - not something I prefer her to do! I think the solution is to find something that sits under the car seat, and provides a foot rest, but I can't find one. The foot rest should be adjustable, so it will grow w/ her. If anybody knows of a product like this, please advise! Thanks!

vsmommy123
10-30-2004, 12:24 PM
She's in a Fisher Price Grow w/ Me seat. Perhaps the seat depth isn't enough for her, which is unfortunate since this seat turns into a booster for the next stage. I think what I'll do then is measure the height of the distance between her feet and the floor and see if I can stick something there, like what you suggested. Thanks!!!