PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a combo seat where the straps don't twist?

aburzins
11-12-2004, 09:56 AM
I am so frustrated right now! I bought the Cosco Eddie Bauer seat for my first child, and despite the annoying side clips, used it for him with both the 5-point harness and as a regular booster. Now I've been using it for my 2nd child, and am so tired of fighting with the twisted straps that I'm about ready to throw it through a window!! Does anyone have a suggestion for a seat that doesn't have "twisty" straps? My daughter is 4, and while she'll be able to go "strapless" soon, I prefer to keep her in the 5-point harness now, and I still have one more child (at least) who will need to use this seat, so I don't want to go totally booster yet.

Help!

Joolsplus2
11-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Contact Cosco...they have changed they're straps from Nylon to Polyester and they are much less twisty than they used to be.
The slots on that seat are very low, and if you need a seat with more height (slots must be above the child's shoulders for forward facing seats), the models by Evenflo (Chase) and Graco (Platinum Cargo) are several inches taller than the Cosco ones. Also, remember that seats expire and must be destroyed after 6 years.

Anyway, the website to find the phone number or maybe order new straps online is www.djgusa.com and I think they should be about $6.

Good luck :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

camsmom
11-24-2004, 06:02 PM
I had the same problem with my Cosco seat. I could not stand it. It was getting to the point where I felt like it was unsafe. I would curse that seat each time I put my son in it. Honestly, the Britax seats are the best. I purchased the Marathon and love love love it. I have never had my straps twist. They also have the huskey if you want your child to still have the 5 point harness when they are older. Well worth the money.
Hope this helps!