PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Britax question

jmac588
11-16-2004, 02:44 PM
1: Can I attach a cupholder to a Marathon?

2: I went ahead and bought the Graco Platinum CarGo for ds when I needed to pass the RA to dd. That was almost a year ago. Well, I've disliked it since buying it and had a question...

My major gripe is the harness system. Mine just doesn't work very well. My ds is at least 42 inches and just about 40 pounds now. He'll be 4 in January. I'm about to break down and just buy the Marathon since I could put the CarGo to good use as a 2nd seat in Grandmas car.

BUT, will I like the Graco more once I start using the seatbelt instead of the harness? I wonder if it becomes less annoying once I don't need to deal with the harness. I don't want to spend money if I don't have to and I'm figuring I held out this long, KWIM? Or should I just go for the new Parkway booster and pass the Graco over to Grandma?

Joolsplus2
11-16-2004, 04:11 PM
1. Sure, you can add a cupholder to the Marathon..if you can find one that works! I have one of these "side riders" http://shop.store.yahoo.com/thebabybungalow/siriyostbyyo.html it's soft, but holds a sprite from a happy meal just fine...the clips are SUPER strong, and it attaches to the very outside edge of the MA cover.

2. I'm sorry that Cargo never worked out for you :(. Yeah, give it a shot as a booster. You don't NEED to use the belt guides, just plop him in the seat in grandma's car and see how the seatbelt fits him. If the belt is low on his lap and shoulderbelt is touching his chest, shoulderbelt between the neck and the outside of the shoulder, then it's very safe as a booster. If she has a tether anchor,you can leave it tethered, but don't LATCH it.
I'd love to buy a Parkway and test it out for everyone to tell you all if it's awesome, but my money tree is looking barren, so we'll have to wait till someone else gets it first, lol.

:)

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx