PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about Evenflo big kid booster seat?

sarsah
11-16-2004, 07:07 PM
I found an Evenflo Big Kid Deluxe booster seat today at Target. It was on Clearance for $29.98 (50% off). I need a second booster for my 4 1/2 year old DS to leave at grandma & grandpa's house.

I'm not a big fan of Evenflo in general, but this booster looked nice (ok, the picture on the box looked nice). However, I know nothing about it and had never seen it before today. It seems to get mostly good reviews on Epinions & BRU.

Does anyone know anything about this seat -- good or bad. I don't mind spending the money on a better seat, but if this one is just as good as the Graco Turbo Booster which we already own, then I'll keep it.

Sarah......mom to Jason (5/25/00) & Devin (5/12/03)

Joolsplus2
11-17-2004, 10:29 AM
We have one and like it well enough. The flip up armrests make it easy for kids to buckle themselves and my kids don't complain it's uncomfortable. It's also a huge seat, so would last a big kid a long time...of course, you don't even HAVE a big kid yet! lol.

The tradeoff is there's no EPS foam in the headrest, and I find the belt guides to be less free-flowing than the Turbo...

Ok, I'm thinking it out more, and I think you should go with another Turbo...given your kids' ages and the EPS foam and the nice belt guides, the Turbo's a better choice for your kids at this point, IMHO. Or if grandma's not able to figure out where the seatbelt goes in relation to the armrests and gets it wrong, then maybe the parkway.

(I'm not too bossy, am I? <blush blush>...I just have a big kid, and it pretty much sits in our garage unused...the base is too heavy for even my 7yo to carry a block, it's too big to bring on an airplane as carryon, and those belt guides are kinda the pits...as a backless in the minivan for a 6 yo who can barely buckle his own seatbelt in the fast moving school pickupline, it was a lifesaver for us, lol)

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

sarsah
11-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the info. I think I may get a Parkway for us (ok, I admit it, I'm a Britax snob <lol>) and give the Turbo Booster to Grandma or just get another Tubro Booster for Grandma. My DS is very good at telling you if you get it buckled wrong (over the armrest, instead of under, so I don't think that will be an issue.

Sarah.....mom to Jason (5/25/00) & Devin (5/12/03)