PDA

View Full Version : Britax "Puzzle" latch

raynjen
11-18-2004, 07:31 AM
I think I read somewhere that Britax simplified their puzzle latch on the Roundabout/Advantages. Does anyone know if this is so?

I'm thinking about purchasing the replacement belts from Britax if they have a simplified puzzle latch to make it easier for my daughter to buckle herself in.

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to a wonderful preschooler,
who just turned three, Noelle!

Joolsplus2
11-18-2004, 12:46 PM
Yup, for a little while now they have just plain old standard one at a time buckles (but now Cosco has puzzle buckles! crazy! lol).
I don't know how much different the harness is from the RA, so you'll have to call Britax directly and ask them for a new Advantage harness, which should be about $12.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

raynjen
11-18-2004, 06:54 PM
Thanks Julie! I'll call them tonight. They don't open up for business until 10:30 pm our time!

Jen in Okinawa

mybabyboy
12-02-2004, 09:58 AM
I finally figured out the trick to the Britax puzzle latches. Watch the chrome, not the black. It's really easy. Tami

raynjen
12-02-2004, 05:53 PM
I don't have any problems doing up the latches, but every babysitter so far has. I hate sending her in a car with someone and not being 100% sure that they can buckle her in! Plus, now that she can climb in and out of her seat by herself I wanted something that was a little easier for her to do by herself.

By the way Julie I finally remembered to stay up and call Britax and they let me order the replacement belts and promised to ship them by priority mail. I am eagerly awaiting their arrival!

Jen in Okinawa