PDA

View Full Version : Switching to a booster - age and weight questions

Rene2
11-27-2004, 04:38 PM
My six month old has out grown her infant seat (she's 27in and 15lbs). My almost three year old is 28lbs and 34 in tall. I would like to switch my 2 year old to a booster and give his Alpha Omega to his sister. Are there booster models that can support a three year old who is just 30 lbs? The Britax Parkway looks great, but it's not out yet. Just need some opinions.

I just cannot afford a car seat like the Marathon or Husky, esp since I need to buy three seats: one for my car, one for husband, one for MIL who takes care of my kids while I am at work. At a minimum I need two seats.

Joolsplus2
11-28-2004, 10:29 PM
Your older toddler is just too young and light for any booster at this point. Your best bet would be to look for the Graco Ultra or Platinum Cargo (the Treasured Cargo is cheaper, but don't get it, as it has no front harness adjuster and is less safe), or the Evenflo Vision or Chase (same seat, different covers, both have front harness adjusters). These seats all have nice tall top slots and will get your dd to a full 40 pounds and probably age 5, safely harnessed before you have to downgrade her protection level to a booster (every step UP in seats is a step DOWN in protection).
Anyway, look around for sales and deals...try www.froogle.com to get an idea of pricing. I know the Ultra Cargo can be found at Sears for $62 sometimes, and the Evenflo Vision has been seen at Kmart for as low as $50. But at the most, any of these will be no more than $100, which isn't bad, since they will last you so long.

Good luck!
:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx