PDA

View Full Version : How to buckle seatbelt with BPB?

mominma
12-18-2004, 10:20 PM
We just bought my DS a Graco Turbo Booster and my niece just got one as well. I am just trying to find out the proper way of using these. When buckling the seatbelt, are you suppose to pull the belt all the way out and let it release so there is no slack or are you just suppose to buckle them? This might be a no-brainer question, but I just wanted to make sure I am using it properly.

Thanks,

Melissa
DS 9/00
DD 3/03

Joolsplus2
12-18-2004, 11:37 PM
It works just like a seatbelt on an adult...you don't have to pull it out and let it retract tightly, but you CAN if you want (I know I do this for myself when *I* want to take a nap, lol)...It can help hold a sleeping kid upright or be a gentle reminder for a wiggly kid, but in general, you shouldn't need to lock the belt for every ride. If you find yourself going nuts from them leaning out of their booster, then consider a higher weight harnessed seat till they are mature enough to handle sitting still in a booster (ugh, my 7 and 5 yo's are still harnessed in a Husky and Marathon, because I just don't trust them to stay in place all the time...)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx