PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for boosters as spare seats

cshepp
12-19-2004, 06:12 PM
I have a 4 years, 4 months and a 3 years, 2 months who both weigh 36 lbs. One is in a Britax Roundabout and they other is in a Maxi-Cosi. I am going to keep them in it until they outgrow them (height or weight), but my husband just got a new car and we want to buy a second set of seats. It is a smaller SUV and doesn't have the room my Suburban does. I am considering the Britax Starriser for both of the children. My concern is moving them into a booster. I believe they are both mature enough, but I worry about the safety of the booster. I don't want to buy a seat that won't last them much longer and the Husky is too big and a little more than I want to spend for second seats. I have read some mixed reviews about other Convertible Seats. Does anyone have any suggestions? Safety is my #1 concern. Thanks in advanced. Court

Joolsplus2
12-20-2004, 09:12 AM
I think I would go with a couple of Turbo boosters...AS LONG AS YOUR CHILDREN CAN SIT PROPERLY IN A BOOSTER SEAT. Sitting properly in a booster is your biggest challenge when you move kids so young to boosters (Ugh, trust me, my dd goes to grandma's and when freed of the confines of her Marathon, she's a beast to contend with, leaning down for toys, leaning over to whack her brother...and she's 5! lol)
Why the Turbo? It's really a better choice for a smaller child than the Starriser. The new models have considerably more padding, particularly side impact protective EPS foam in the head. It's a slightly more confining seat than the free-moving Starriser, and it has the benefit of separating more easily from it's back so you can use the base for travel.

Anyway, that's just what I would do if it were me (My kids are a little older and our second car doesn't have the protection of side curtain airbags, so I have them in a Husky or Bodyguard all the time in there...)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx