PDA

View Full Version : Need New Car Seats. HELP!

mab70
01-13-2005, 07:50 PM
I was just in a car accident on Tuesday and while it was only minor I feel I need to get new car seats for my 2 & 4 year olds. The only problem is the ones I had in my car (and LOVE) have been discontinued. I had Century Accel SE models. While they are definitely no frills, they had good ratings through Consumer Reports and I loved being able to adjust the straps for coats/no coats by pulling on a strap located on the front, bottom of the seat. The insurance company will replace them with a comparable model but the only one I see as being comparable is the Graco Comfort Sport. My husband has one of those in his car and even though you are supposed to be able to adjust in the manner I described above, you can't!

Does anyone have any suggestions based on what I'm looking for? I have to have the adjusting strap - we live in New England and I can't be taking the seats out whenever we go from coats to no coats. In the spring and fall that could be every other day!

Thanks!

Michelle

Joolsplus2
01-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Since your kids are forward facing, get something with taller top slots that will last you longer, such as the Graco Platinum Cargo or Evenflo Chase or Traditions. These DO have front harness adjusters, taller top slots, and will last you much longer than your Accels or Comfortsport, heightwise, and are also comparably priced to your old Accels (I don't think the insurance company will care that it's a different seat, it's a similar price AND it will have similar features...if the comfortsport isn't easily adjustable, you shouldn't have to buy it, as it's technically not a comparable seat)
Hope/Glad no one was hurt!
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx