PDA

View Full Version : Car Seat vsConvertable for my 2 1/2 son

arthurr43
02-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Need Help buying our next car seat

Our 7 month is just about ready to move to our Britax Roundabout (he is 19 lbs) And I need a new car seat for my 2 1/2 year old. He is only 23 lbs and very small. I looked at another car seat like the britax but they only go to 40 lbs. I wanted to get sonewthing for a longer time period. The Graco Platinum say it is 20 to 40 lbs with the harness and 30 to 100 lbs w/o the harness. Is this something for us to consider? Also just heard about the Britax Parkway on these forums. Any help is much appreciated

thanks
art

Joolsplus2
02-10-2005, 10:35 AM
I would definitely go with the 'harnessed boosters' from Evenflo (Chase/Traditions/Generations) or Graco (Ultra/Platinum Cargo)....they have nice tall top slots, so they will make sure your ds is harnessed till a full 40 pounds (like age 5, if he stays nice and thin :). I wouldn't go with another convertible seat, because they don't have such tall top slots and he'll outgrow it at about 33 pounds and age 3 or 4. He's not old enough for a booster like the Parkway yet, but after he's outgrown a taller-harness seat, he will be :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx