PDA

View Full Version : Help with picking a new carseat

Lexiesmom
02-26-2005, 08:40 PM
My DD is 3 1/2 yrs old, have the britax RAA and need to get a new carseat. I purchased the Britax Parkway for my DD, but based on the forums I've decided against it and now considering the marathon, wizard or husky.

I have a '05 lincoln aviator (rear bucket seats). My DD likes to climb into her seat alone, she tends to sleep in the car so I need a seat that will recline and keep her head positioned so it isn't hanging. Airplane travel is probably 2x's year. She weighs about 30lbs and is about 38" tall.

What seat do you recommend? Thanks

Joolsplus2
02-28-2005, 01:05 PM
I'd look at the Marathon and/or Wizard...really they are about the same as your Roundabout, so if you like it, then you'll like one of those.
While not a Britax, the Graco Platinum Cargo is a very light travel choice, nice and low and easy to climb into, has great sleep support, and the kids love all the cupholders that come on it.

The evenflo Chase/Generations/Traditons are all nice seats, too, if they appeal to you and her, but the straps can be a little more twisty than the Roundabout or Cargo.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx