PDA

View Full Version : Buy new Parkway or Marathon?

lpberg
03-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Here's my situation....

I have a 5 year DD, just about 43" and 40 lbs, and a 16 month old DS, appx 31" and 23-24 lbs. I drive a 2001 Honda Odyssey and both ride outboard in the middle section (to make life easier getting them in and out!). I'm a HUGE Britax fan. My DS is currently riding in a 1999/2000 RA and my DD is in a 2004 Wizard.

I can't find my original instruction manual for the RA but I could swear it said that the seat expires after 5 years (which is now). Which means that I need to purchase a new seat for one of the two of them.

I really like the idea of the 5 pt harness and my DD isn't objecting to being in the Wizard at all. My original thought was to purchase a Graco Turbobooster for her and pass the Wizard on to my DS. But that was before the Parkway came on the market. Now I don't know whether to keep her in the Wizard and buy him a MA, or move him to the Wizard and buy her a Parkway.

Any and all opinions are appreciated.... TIA!

Joolsplus2
03-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Good news, you have SIX years for your Roundabout :)
So give yourself a year to decide if you want to move to a Parkway or a Husky next :) They both work great in my Ody...I'm crying that my 5.5 yo dd is almost too tall for her Marathon, but at least I have a Husky to put her in later (but she rides just fine in the Parkway, too, phew!)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx