PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Britax booster options

MamaKto3
03-20-2005, 11:33 AM
Hi all...
I hope someone can clarify for me, but I'm trying to decide which booster to get my 3.5 yo DD. (She will soon outgrow her RA). She's about 38", 37#. My difficulty is that I have 16 month old twins, both in RA's, in my '04 Honda Pilot. The 3 fit, snugly, across the 2nd row seat (none are old enough or independent enough to ride in the 3rd row). I'd really prefer to move DD into a Husky, since DS (one of the twins) will probably need the bigger seat as he gets older (he's a big dude), but that's pushing it to fit across. I don't think the width is an issue with any of the boosters, since I am able to fit the 3 RA's. But how do/did you decide between the 4 models that I've seen online??

THanks for any input. Elin

Joolsplus2
03-20-2005, 12:18 PM
I know 2 Marathons and an RA fit in the Pilot...I think you'd have to put a Husky (or at least one of the seats) in the back, which could be a pain...and the Marathon is generally adequate to get even big kids to age 5+ (a good starting booster age, IMO)
The Decathlon is just an extra cushy Marathon with a Roundabout-like adjuster and LATCH, and is only at BRU right now. The Boulevard is coming soon, it's a Wizard with wider headwings (and $289 at BRU when it comes out...ouch!)...they are both the same size as the Marathon :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

MamaKto3
03-20-2005, 02:46 PM
Thanks so much for your reply... I agree that a seat in the 3rd row is just not a pleasant option for right now. I guess I didn't phrase it clearly enough in my previous post, but I think (if DD is big enough and ready) I would like to get either the Parkway, Bodyguard, Roadster, or Starriser. Julie, you seem VERY well versed in car seats and boosters. Can you tell me if any one of these are safe enough for DD (age/height/weight-wise), and which you would pick if you were in my shoes?
TIA, Elin

Joolsplus2
03-20-2005, 10:39 PM
I ignored you asking which booster to put her in, because I really wouldn't recommend it ;). She's too young, and YOU are going to be in worse shape because buckling a booster in a three-across is a major effort that she won't be able to handle. It's much easier to keep them all harnessed in the middle row, and then in 18-mos to 2 years down the road, she'll be much more capable of dealing with her own buckling and able to sit safely in a booster, and might love sitting in the back row by herself, buckling her own Parkway. (I put my own ds in a booster at age three...and it was so much more of a hassle to deal with buckling it, I got him a Husky, to make MY life easier, lol...and my dd? 5.5 and still nowhere near being mature enough to sit still in a booster...the temptation of leaning down for dropped toys is too great, and she's always halfway out of her seatbelt...ugh)

;)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx