PDA

View Full Version : Is the Husky my only option? Any bargains?

rdiederich
03-23-2005, 10:20 AM
My just-turned 3 year old is already over 40 lbs and is 39 inches tall. He is currently in a Britax Marathon and I love that seat. However, my daughter (16 months- just barely 20 lbs) is in a piece of a Century convertible seat that I am so good and ready to just throw out. We own a Roundabout and 2 Marathons and the ease of use is unbelieveable compared that that junk seat.

I want to get a new seat to end the frustration and am thinking a bigger seat for my son is probably the best long term solution (then 16 mo can have one of his Marathons). But, those Husky's are expensive and my husband isn't so agreeable...yet! I can't believe the Marathon and Husky are the only seats harnessed over 40 lbs- what a shame. I am so not ready for my ds to be in a regular seat belt yet! (Plus, I agree that he is not mature enough)

The cheapest one I've found is at dreamtimebaby.com for $208.95 although I just noticed they're all on backorder until the end of April. I'm not in a huge rush and I probably need to save up for it anyway but is there any better deals anyone knows about? Or has anyone purchased from this company?

Any insight or advice is welcomed!

Thank you,

Rachel
mom to Ethan, 3 and Alexa, 16 months

Joolsplus2
03-23-2005, 12:23 PM
$208's a pretty good price... try www.froogle.com for other options? or www.couponsurfer.com might have a coupon deal at babyage or somewhere....
But if you have a little time where you can tolerate that wretched Century, then maybe you can hang out for the Cosco Apex (I posted a link to it one or two threads down here, yesterday), which goes to 65 pounds harnessed and is a big comfy seat at half the price of the Husky (should be for sale in about a month, I think). It won't be the quality you are used to with your Britaxes, but its' a lot better than your century, lol)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

rdiederich
03-24-2005, 09:25 AM
I think I'd feel better going with the Husky- plus it does have the higher limit too. Cosco just doesn't have the great reputation like Britax!

I am so amazed at the complete difference in quality between the Roundabout and that cruddy Century. They were both purchased the same time and now, I have NOTHING but problems with that seat. I can't believe I've put up with it so long.

Thanks for your response!!

~Rachel