PDA

View Full Version : two new combo seats or one new marathon?

elliebean
03-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with my car seat/booster decision. I have twins that are just over 3 years, about 26 pounds and 35". I also have an 8 month old about to outgrow his Snugride. The twins are currently in Britax RA. I can't decide if I should hand down one of the RA to the baby and purchase new combo booster seats for the twins (Graco Platinum Cargo), or keep the twins in their RA and buy the baby another RA or a Marathon. I would like to keep the twins in the harness as long as possible and they are happy in their RA seats, but I thought it would be more cost effective to get them combo boosters and get more use from the RA with the baby. On the other hand, it seems that it makes more sense safety-wise to leave the twins in the RA and get the baby a Marathon that will see him through the next several years. It seems that the Platinum Cargo does not have good reviews when used as a booster, which seems to defeat the purpose of buying a combo seat! Especially since the twins are on the small side and will not outgrow their RA soon, maybe they can use them until ready for a regular booster around 5? Obviously I am just so confused and would really appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Joolsplus2
03-28-2005, 10:43 PM
Do your twins "have" to have the same seats? Could you just get one Marathon/Decathlon for one twin, give an RA to the baby (I'm just thinking because it's a little smaller for RF...), and deal with whatever happens next when the other twin gets too big for the Roundabout?

Maybe if they all had the same cover they'd think it was the same seat?

I do like the Cargo, but I think with three wee ones, you'll be happier with the adjusters and straps of the Britaxes, versus the slighly less easy to deal with Cargos.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx