PDA

View Full Version : cosco travel vest

kickidee
03-30-2005, 10:47 PM
Can anyone give me any info on the Cosco Travel Vest? We are flying to Florida [anyone know any good Universal Studio tips??] with my 6 [38lbs], 4 [32lbs], and 1 [16lbs] yr old, and will have 2 carseats and 1 booster otherwise! I'd love to eliminate one carseat if possible!!
I'd appreciate any info!!
Thanks!
Kickidee

Joolsplus2
03-31-2005, 11:47 AM
www.carseatdata.org under "special projects" and "TNG" has a nice review of it...overall, it's a pain to use, but small, and probably not horrible if used in a center seat (no side impact protection, and doesn't raise a kid's head up to the level of a side airbag, if you have side airbags, you WANT the kid's head up high enough to be protected by it, not down slamming into the door panel in a side impact).

The Cosco Touriva (or Regal Ride) is a REALLY light convertible seat, and only $40.

And the Ride Safer Travel Vest is easy, easy to use... www.safetrafficsystem.com has more.

And the Strolee McKinley or Cosco High Rise/Ambassador/Auto Booster are the only seats on store shelves that are backless boosters for kids under 40 pounds.

And www.prorider.com has a 2-pack of 30-80 pound boosters that are really, really light and portable for $29, free shipping.

Phew! I think that just about covers all your options!
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx