PDA

View Full Version : toddler booster seats

sarosser
04-14-2005, 08:58 AM
Hi! I'm new to this forum. I have an Evenflo Comet, high back booster with 5 pt. harness, purchased last yr (replaced the Apollo which was originally recommended in the Toddler Bargains Book) which I love. I'm looking for another or similar seat and can't find one on the market. Does anyone know what replaced it or is comparable? I have a large 2 yr. old who outgrown the convertibles. Thanks, sarosser

Joolsplus2
04-14-2005, 10:22 AM
Yup, those are discontinued. I had an Apollo and liked it for my 4 yo and hated it for my 2 yo (NO sleep support :( ).

Evenflo has a large number of combo seats now...the Chase, Traditions, Vision, and Generations (this one has the dial harness knob you like, the others have a pull strap on the shoulder). And Graco has the Ultra and Platinum Cargo seats which are quite nice, too.

How large is your 2 yo? Do you need a seat with a higher weight limit, though, to keep them harnessed to a full age 4 or 5, when a booster is a more acceptable seat? Or is it just a TALL 2 yo in a SHORT convertible seat? If so, all the seats I just mentioned are fine.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

sarosser
04-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Thank you. My 2 yr old is heavy, 32 lbs., but not tall, 33 inches, so I guess I'll need the higher weight limit with a harness. He is now in a Fisher-Price Safe Embrace Convertible, which is still okay, but tough for him to get in & out of & us to lift him into and will expire this year and a Century STE 1500 which is even more snug. My 4 yr old uses the comet boosters, she is 33 lbs. and 39 inches and they are good up to 80 lbs. and 54 inches. sarosser

Joolsplus2
04-15-2005, 05:12 AM
Well....the harness on the comet is only good to 40 pounds, then as a booster to 80. Just thought I'd mention that, though your 4 yo will for sure be too tall for the harness by the time she weighs 40 pounds, anyway!

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx