PDA

View Full Version : Bodyguard Vs. Parkway

Tripple_E
04-15-2005, 04:35 PM
Hello!

I have just replaced the Roundabout in my husband's Dodge Neon with a Britax Bodyguard. She had just outgrown the Roundabout, and since the Neon has such low backseats, I liked the extra head protection that the Bodyguard seems to offer. I also like the lockoff clips.

Now, I am about to replace the Expressway that I have in my Kia Sedona. I know that the Sedona is considerably more safe than the Neon. I am thinking of getting the Parkway. I have seen the rave reviews here and it looks more comfy than the Bodyguard. I guess my question is, do the lockoff clips on the Bodyguard really make it much safer than the Parkway? I'm at a loss...

Thanks!

Joolsplus2
04-15-2005, 09:46 PM
The lockoff clips on the BG are only because the seat doesn't meet federal safety regulations for boosters without them. Seats have to weigh under 9 pounds so they won't "load" the child in a crash, but since the BG is more than 9 pounds, the lockoffs, in essence, make the seat "weigh" less. The PW actually weighs under 9 pounds (or right at that) and doesn't need any clever devices. We really loved our BG's, but love our PW's more...my kids love not having to do lockoffs... but it's really up to you...you should probably go see the PW in person before you decide :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Tripple_E
04-16-2005, 01:14 AM
Thanks so much Julie! Wow, I had no idea. Now I'm questioning if I should have just gotten the Parkway for the Neon! I do like one thing about the lockoffs though, it does lead to a little less "wiggle factor" for my daughter. So that's not a bad thing. I have seen the Parkway in person, and I really like it, so I'm inclined to go with that for the van now. OOOORRR... do you think I should keep the BG for the van and maybe get a Husky for the Neon? JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS DONE! :)

Joolsplus2
04-16-2005, 11:59 PM
We'll, *I'd* put a Husky in a Neon..."the smaller the car, the bigger the seat" is my motto, lol.

Whatever makes you feel most comfortable is fine.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx