PDA

View Full Version : Booster seat with harness for 40 pound toddler, need help!

tilly2321
04-26-2005, 04:10 PM
I have an exactly 40 pound toddler, who will be three on May 25th. We have a marathon in our car, but need a new seat for my parent's car. We are moving very close to where they live, so he will be in it more than for occasional use. I don't think he is ready to be in a belt-positioning booster and would prefer a harness. What other seats besides the APex offer this? When is that seat due out again? Is that my only choice?
Also, can someone tell me the height limit for the marathon. I know the weight is 65, but can't remember the height.
Thanks,
Elaine

Joolsplus2
04-26-2005, 04:22 PM
Still no Apex...I think when they finally release it there will be cheering in the streets, lol.

The height limit for the Marathon is 49 inches...most kids get too tall for it somewhere between ages 5 and 7 (my dd is 5.5 and has been using the top slots for over a year now, and I think she's still got at least 6 months before she's over the top slots and truly too tall...she's wearing size 6 shirts now and is about 45 inches tall...just fyi).

Right now, though, only Britaxes have these higher weight seats :(.

Maybe you can move your Marathon from car to car for awhile till something new comes out? It's so easy to install forward facing, at least...

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

tilly2321
04-26-2005, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the info. I am so excited about this apex. Part of me is considering the husky, but I think that might be too big for my parents car since they will take it in and out. Do you find that your five year old doesn't like the harness anymore and wants a belt positioning booster? I am contemplating getting the husky for our car when DS outgrows the marathon. He is a tall guy, so I don't think he will make it past five, but I guess you never know.
Thanks again,
Elaine

Joolsplus2
04-26-2005, 11:16 PM
My 7.5 yo rides in the Husky, and 5.5 yo in the Marathon. They have boosters for occassional use, but they know harnessing is safest and they aren't in a rush to be out of them.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx