PDA

View Full Version : Wizard or Cosco Summit and any reviews on Portable Car Seats?

ummaof2
05-03-2005, 11:21 PM
I have 2 sons - 18 months apart, ds#1 will turn 2 at the end of May (which means ds#2 will be 6 months and reaching the limits of his snugride). ds#1 is currently in a Marathon. He's 25th percentile for height and low in weight at about 25 lbs. His younger brother is bulkier: 50-75% in height and already over 18 lbs. (their father is over 6 ft., I'm 5' even.)

Do I move ds#1 to the Summit (or any other recommended combo?) and put ds#2 in the Marathon (RF of course). Or do I just buy a Wizard for ds#2? Any suggestions?

Also, has anyone heard any news good or bad about those portable Tote 'n' Go Portable Car Seats? just 4 lbs. I know they're not airline approved, but we tend to fly a decent amount and wonder if it might be acceptable in taxis and in-laws cars - much lighter and less bulky than carrying the britax.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Joolsplus2
05-04-2005, 09:30 AM
I'd just get a second Marathon or Wizard or Decathlon or Boulevard (the last two are only at Babies R Us right now, and are basically the same seat with slightly different features). Your older son has probably 4 more years to go fitting in the Marathon, so no need to boot him out of it and get a seat that he might not be as comfortable in and you might not like as much (the Summit has VERY low top slots and isn't as great as Consumer Reports says, honestly).

Just my 2 cents on that ;).

The Tote N Go is only good for 25-40 pounds...it's "ok", but can be almost impossible to install tightly in most cars, and you might be happier using it less rather than more (It's terrific for Taxis, but trying to use it for more than a week at grandma's will be a pain :P...been there, done that, lol). A good, easy, small, light convertible seat, like the Cosco Touriva, is easy to use and even to haul around the airport in a stroller and might be a better choice since your guys are so young and small at this point.

Hope that helps!
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx