PDA

View Full Version : Booster seat(s) for small 4-year old

tsilverthorne
05-05-2005, 02:27 PM
My dd just turned 4 last week and I've just realized she exceeds the height limit for her RA. I've been watching the tops of her ears as it says in the manual, and they don't seem to be over the plastic portion at the top but she's over 40". She is approx. 36 lbs. and 43" tall.

I'm thinking the Husky is my #1 choice since I'm a firm believer in Britax but I'm also interested in a smaller, less-expensive booster for occasional use in another car. Currently, I'm thinking the Parkway is my first choice for a second seat. Does that sound reasonable for a child of her size? She's already survived one serious car accident so we're not willing to take any chances but would like a seat that is easier to install for occasional use.

I'm open to suggestions on other manufacturers' seats as well (she'd LOVE the princess seat I've heard about but she's got a one-year old brother coming up behind her!). My one concern with other manufacturers is how twisty the straps can be - that's a deal-breaker for me. We had a Graco as a second seat when she was younger and I never felt she was secure or comfortable in it because the straps were so flimsy.

Thanks so much for your help!

Joolsplus2
05-05-2005, 04:14 PM
We have a Husky and Parkways as our spare seats, too (well my DD is about to outgrow her Marathon and move to a Husky, but DS has been in a Husky for a couple years now...he's 7.5 and loves it, and they both love their Parkways). I feel a little more secure with my kids in the Parkway than the Turbo, but don't feel UNsafe with the Turbo. Oh, you won't be passing boosters down the way you did convertibles...you've got about 6 years still in a seat for her, and 6 years till a seat expires, so you'll probably end up with matching boosters before you know it ;)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx