PDA

View Full Version : Tall slim 3 year old--booster?

CalgaryDad
05-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Hi, all...

Our son just turned 3. He's tall and slim--41" and 34 pounds. He's miserable in his Roundabout--he's just too long for it. We're thinking of moving into the Britax Parkway as the next step. Anybody had similar experiences? If so, what did you do? Thanks!

twodogsandababy
06-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Just saw that you never got an answer. I don't know if you're still checking this, but I thought I'd give it a try.

My daughter turned three in April, and is about your son's height, although she's also heavier (39 lbs). I replaced her Roundabouts with Marathons, because I just think she's too young for a belt-positioning booster. If you search the archives, I think you might find some recommendations for combination seats that work well for tall thin kids. Some seats have higher harness slots than the RA (and so work better for tall kids), but still allow you to use a five-point harness until he hits 40 lbs.

Good luck.

murphydog77
06-21-2005, 07:55 PM
I agree. Three is just too young for a belt positioning booster (I know because I have a just-turned-3 yr old too!). The maturity just isn't there yet.

If a Britax seat isn't in the budget, the Graco Ultra/Platinum CarGo combination seats and the Evenflo Chase/Traditions/Vision and Generations combo seats are good choices with tall harness slots and can then be used as boosters.

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.CarSeatSite.com