PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Big Kid Deluxe vs Graco TurboBooster

mominma
05-16-2005, 11:08 AM
My son and I went Carseat Shopping this week-end and we left a little undecided. I was happy to finally see a COmpass and have my son sit in it. He said the seat was too hard. I think he did not like the fabric. He really like the Big Kid Deluxe with the little lights and pillow and he liked the TurboBooster, but they only had the Veronica print in stock - a little too feminine for my guy (in my eyes, not necessarily his). I was at a TRU. Either seat is a great deal since they have $15 off any seat over $50 and there is a 20% coupon floating around so I want to pick one up this week. They are getting more Graco's in this week. Is one seat much better than the other? I just read that the Evenflo does not have the EPS foam - is that a reason in itself to stick with Graco?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Melissa
DS 9/00
DD 3/03
DD Due 8/05

Joolsplus2
05-17-2005, 11:40 PM
As much as we all love our EPS foam, there's not a lot of evidence that it's a huge safety benefit. If you love the Big Kid, go for it (might want to try it or both out in your car, to make sure the belt guides run smoothly in your car...the Big Kid gets the seatbelt a little jammed in my minivan).
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx