PDA

View Full Version : Parkway vs. Bodyguard

elluji
05-19-2005, 01:13 PM
Hi,

I am a mother of twins boys with another baby coming soon. I drive a Toyota Camry where the boys have been fairly comfortable in their Britax Marathon. Our other car has 2 Britax Roundabout which they are about to grow out of, based on their weight.

I was trying to put their Marathons into the other car which is a van and presents no space problems and replacing them in the Toyota with a booster. I looked at the Graco Turbobooster and the Britax Bodyguard and found Graco to be too flimsy. It practically feel apart at the store (when I picked it up to look at it).

However, after reading some of the messages in this message board, I am confused...I, of course, would opt for 5 pt restraint and more security if I could fit the car seats and a baby car seat all in the back row...Are there any that anyone can recommend?

If not, then is the Parkway that much better than the Bodyguard? What should one consider when choosing between them? Thank you..

Joolsplus2
05-19-2005, 06:37 PM
I like the Parkway, because it has no pesky seatbelt lockoffs to clamp down like the Bodyguard does, and it's just so much easier to use correctly because of that. The headwings are also further apart, so kids actually keep their heads more safely in the wings than they do in the smaller Bodyguard wings. The PW is a little wider than the BG or Turbo, so you might have difficulty getting "three across", but since you have a van, that's probably not a big issue for day to day stuff.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx