PDA

View Full Version : Another Confused Mom -- Advice on Getting 2 Kids in 2nd Row

kcwilliamson
05-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Hi Everyone,

Hoping someone can give me some advice. We just bought a Pilot and are trying to get safe, good carseats for DS who is 3, weighs about 30 lbs. and is about 40" tall, and DD who is 7 months, weighs about 17 lbs. and is about 28" long. DS has been in a Marathon and DD is ready to move out of her Snugride. I'd like to have them in the 2nd row next to each other so that one of the seats can fold forward and people can access the 3rd row if needed. Is there a toddler booster seat that is narrow enough and safe enough to do this?

Please help!

Thanks,
Confused Mom in NorCal

Joolsplus2
05-23-2005, 06:27 PM
Probably the Graco Platium or Ultra Cargo...it is so super narrow and has EPS foam and non-twist straps, it may well work so you can get that seat folded down and fit next to the Marathon. I do know a mom with 2 marathons and a roundabout in her second row, but obviously she can't fold the seat forward!

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

kcwilliamson
05-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Hi Julie,

Thanks for the advice. I'll check them out and see if that'll work.

Karen

kcwilliamson
05-30-2005, 08:50 PM
Hi Julie,

What about the Britax Parkway. We checked out the Gracos and they were wider. Is the Britax safe enough for my 3-year-old??????

Thanks!
Karen

Joolsplus2
05-30-2005, 10:01 PM
I really wouldn't want to put such a young little kiddo in a booster if there is any way to possibly avoid it...Being harnessed is just so much safer, in more types of crashes, plus, it's easier to buckle a kiddo into a harness than it is to reach all over them and buckle them into a booster IMHO. But they also often lack the maturity to even sit properly in a booster without you going nuts reminding them to (been there, done that, even with my "Oh, he seems so mature!" little fella when he was three..ugh!).
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx