PDA

View Full Version : roundabout, then what???

rebarice
05-24-2005, 01:47 PM
my three year old is almost too tall for his roundabout. we have the britax starriser that we bought last year for when he outgrew his roundabout, but i am worried because it says that it is for 43-80 pounds and he is close to 40, but not near 43! where does he go between the two, or am i just being overly cautious!? also, is it too early to put a three year old in a belt positioned seat, rather than a five point harness? and what would be the best choice for our second car (a 2000 volvo s80)? i am so spoiled by britax's straps that i am hesitant to go to the gracos/coscos which seem to get so tangled! thanks for any input you all can give! it is much appreciated! rebecca

Joolsplus2
05-24-2005, 02:02 PM
The weight limit is 30-80, the height limit is 43-53 or 57, I forget.

Yeah, that's a *really* bad seat for a three year old, I hate to say...it's just not at all supportive, and naptime will be "head on the door" time :(

You could see if the Marathon works in your car (sometimes the headrests can be kind of in the way of a decent fit) or even the Husky if you want to keep him harnessed till he's 9, or, if you think maybe he CAN handle being in a booster, the Parkway is a much, much better seat than the Starriser comfy for a little kid.

Since he's almost 40 (well, over 37?) then the Graco or Evenflo's I usually love won't last too long, but if he's under 35, I'd look at the Graco Platinum Cargo or Evenflo Generations, since they are much improved over how they used to be (the Cargo has EPS foam and really non-twist straps)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

rebarice
05-24-2005, 02:20 PM
thank you so much julie! i should have checked before we bought it last year, but we have loved our roundabout so much that we wanted to stay with britax and at the time, i'm not sure they had as many to choose from for the boosters. i really appreciate it! rebecca