PDA

View Full Version : Husky safer than Compass?

ddtlj
05-26-2005, 01:49 AM
Is the Compass B500 booster really as safe as the Husky? Sorry if this sounds like a previous question. I'm just confused and concerned about my son's safety.

My son (5 years) has been using the Husky for 3 years. We're planning on buying a Honda odssey and are concerned that 2 Huskys (we just moved my daughter, 3 years, from a roundabout to a husky) will be too bulky for the car. My parents who are largish can not fit through the seats to the back because the carseats take up so much room.

Anyway, we bought a parkway which my son did not like at all. We returned that for a Compass booster. Even my son comments that it doesn't seem as secure.

Am I missing something, or are the boosters which are not latched into the car really as safe as the husky? I just don't understand enough about carseats to determine which is the safest.

Our son's safety is our top priority. Please give us your advice.

Dianne
PS - Many, many, many thanks for your help and the wonderful service you provide to parents with your comments on this board. THANKS!

Joolsplus2
05-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Weeeeelllll.... There aren't any real life data proving that harnessed seats are more safe than booster seats. And booster seats are proving, in real life data, to be exceptionally safe. And of course a minivan is the safest way to transport a child (statistically).....So is a booster just as safe as the Husky?

Ummm.... I don't know!

I actually struggle with this all the time myself. I am going to end up with 2 Huskies in my Oddyssey, though, because I rarely use the third row, and I don't find them too bulky (they are the same size as the captain's chairs...maybe I should take a picture for you...), but mainly because I'm just going to HAVE two Huskies...I don't think I'd buy another one, when my dd outgrows her Marathon, but a friend is sending me hers...well, you get the idea, lol.

I also have a teensy Ford Aspire, and honestly, yes, I do feel the kids are safer in the Husky in that little thing, so when we used it regularly, I put the Husky in it and didn't have any concerns about using the booster in the van.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx