PDA

View Full Version : Marathon on SMALL airplane?

baby_mis1
06-05-2005, 11:39 PM
I have read through many of the posts on this board and the Baby Bargains board, and the general consensus is that the Marathon can be taken on a plane. My concern is that we will be flying for many hours (2 flights - total time almost 4 hours each direction) in little puddle jumper planes (a Canadair CRJ and a Dash 8). Someone mentioned "seatguru.com" which told me the seat widths are 17 and 17.5" wide. My MA is about 19-19.5" wide where the seat flares out. I understand about putting up the arm-rest - but I'm wondering how uncomfortable that will make me sitting next to him? At least I get to hang out in the aisle (only two seats wide), but I'm a little worried. I really want to take the MA, since he sleeps well in it and it is so comfortable - both for the plane and at the destination. If we got to the plane and it didn't fit I would be really upset though!

So - any experience with the MA on little turpo-prop planes?

Thanks,
Valerie
Mom to Jonas 2-21-02

(Cross-posted on Baby Bargains Car Seat board)

Joolsplus2
06-06-2005, 10:25 AM
A friend of mine took her MA on a dozen corporate flights when her DH was working 3 hours from home, and she said it always worked great. It probably wouldn't be any worse than sitting next to one in a car, and maybe you can even lean your pillow on it and get some rest, yourself :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx