PDA

View Full Version : Configuration of two carseats? (not a booster yet)

blessed02
06-06-2005, 02:15 PM
I'm about to have another baby, and it's time to figure out this whole carseat configuration. It's more complicated than a Rubik's Cube, I swear. We have a Britax Roundabout and a Graco Snugride (with base); and we have to get them in the backseat of a Honda CR-V (small SUV... we have no side airbags).

What's the best configuration?

I'd put the Snugride in the middle, ideally - but will it fit with the base if I put the Britax right next to it, without sharing a LATCH hook? (That, at least, I know to be a no-no.)

And what is the safest, Britax behind the driver or behind the passenger? Is it still safe even though I won't be able to see my 2-year old when she's directly behind me like that? (I'm usually driving.) Should I be thinking about putting a space between them, to separate the kids?

Do I use the tether? Will it kill my field of vision through the rear view mirror?

I have heard rumors that Consumer Report says that attachment with the seatbelt is almost always better than attachment with the LATCH system. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance!

Joolsplus2
06-17-2005, 08:52 PM
Are you still around? I'm sorry your post got missed, but don't have time to answer unless you are here ;)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

ajweeks
06-21-2005, 07:33 AM
We have a Honda CR-V too and I was able to put the Snugride in the center with the base next to my DS's marathon. Since the marathon is wider than the RA, I'm sure you should be able to fit them side by side. I also used the marathon's tether (FF) with no problem--it didn't affect my vision. We have a 2001 so no latch so I can't advise you on that one.

Good luck!