PDA

View Full Version : Seatbelt Slack in Graco CargoBooster?

erinsmom
06-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Six months ago I bought a Graco UltraCargo Booster seat for my then 3 1/2 year old daughter. She had outgrown her Britax car seat height- wise, but was not yet 40 pounds so I wanted to keep her in a 5 point harness. She is now 41 pounds and ready to use the booster seat with the seatbelt but I have read that the closed loops on seats like the Cargo Booster have problems with seat belt retraction and too much slack. Is this true? I am confused as to whether to try the Cargo Booster with the seatbelt, buy a whole new booster seat, or just use the Cargo Booster in our second car.
Your help is appreciated!

Joolsplus2
07-01-2005, 06:17 PM
The belt gets LOCKED into the belt clips and shouldn't pull out and cause that slack problem like the other models...give it a try and see (read you manual for how to clamp the belt). OR you may not even need to use the guides, they are not mandatory IF the belt fits properly across her collarbone. If she can't sit properly in her booster for a few short test trips, then you would be a lot happier keeping her harnessed for a few more years in a Marathon or Husky (you'll end up yelling and being distracted a lot if she's putting her belt under her arm and otherwise acting like a normal, active 3 yo ;) ). My kids are 7 and 5 and still harnessed...when the seat is used properly, it's the safest choice after rearfacing.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx