PDA

View Full Version : Julie--Question for you

mommy2threekiddos
07-07-2005, 01:29 PM
I found this board several months ago when I was trying to figure out what to do about my son who is about to outgrow his RA, but I don't think he's ready for a booster seat yet (or, more accurately, I'm not ready for him to be in a booster seat yet). You suggested that if I waited a couple of months that there was a new Costco car seat/ booster combo coming out that was going to allow kids to be 5 point harnessed up to 60 lbs (or something like that). Has that seat come out yet? I quickly scanned the board and didn't see any mention of it, so I'm not sure if it is out or not. Let me know any info you may have regarding this.

Thank you,
Janelle

Joolsplus2
07-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Oh Janelle....Cosco has totally flaked on us! They had the nice prototypes of the Apex at a conference I went to in March, and we were told they'd be in production in May... well, May came and went, and it turns out they are having trouble getting the seats to pass compliance testing, so they are tweaking and re-engineering, or whatever it is they do... and now it might be like winter before we see anything. Combi was also coming out with a new Airway, but news is spotty on that, too :(
The only real news now is that Britax is coming out with a new version of the Husky called the Regent...so maybe Huskies will be on clearance pricing?

How heavy is your kiddo? Do you think you can get by with a regular, but taller, seat that goes to 40 pounds, like the Platinum Cargo or Generations?
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

schums
07-08-2005, 08:22 AM
Marathons seem to be on sale right now too. Lots of folks have posted here and on the Baby board that they've been getting them for $180 and free shipping. The MA will keep DS harness until 65 pounds, but doesn't turn into a booster. Of course, the Husky (which I LOVE!!!) is also another great option.

Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)