PDA

View Full Version : New seat for 2.5 yr old

layla14
07-09-2005, 09:58 PM
My daughter is 2 1/2, and 35 pounds. We currently have a roundabout and a marathon for our 2 cars. It just seems like she has out grown the roundabout (she's pretty tall). And we have been trying to figure out what to get. I like the Marathon a lot, but I sometimes have trouble tightening the stap. I like the strap realease on the roundabout.

I noticed that there was a new britax that seemed to have the release of the roundabout but a higher weight limit like the marathon. I'm just wondering what people think about it. Also, any other recogmendations?

A friend said to get a booster, but I feel that she is way too young for that. Maybe it's just me.

Help....can decide what to get!

Maura

layla14
07-09-2005, 09:58 PM
My daughter is 2 1/2, and 35 pounds. We currently have a roundabout and a marathon for our 2 cars. It just seems like she has out grown the roundabout (she's pretty tall). And we have been trying to figure out what to get. I like the Marathon a lot, but I sometimes have trouble tightening the stap. I like the strap realease on the roundabout.

I noticed that there was a new britax that seemed to have the release of the roundabout but a higher weight limit like the marathon. I'm just wondering what people think about it. Also, any other recogmendations?

A friend said to get a booster, but I feel that she is way too young for that. Maybe it's just me.

Help....can decide what to get!

Maura

Joolsplus2
07-10-2005, 10:25 AM
Oh yeah, she's way too young for a plain booster, for sure. The Decathlon is the seat with the "same" harness adjuster as the Roundabout...unfortunately, the adjuster seems *really* hard to use for a lot of moms who buy it...I almost am waiting for a recall due to the extreme stickiness of so many of these adjusters :(. The Boulevard has the same mechanism as the Marathon, but it is heralded as much easier to use (so they must have tweaked it a little to make it better?).

So, I wouldn't say *don't* buy the Decathlon, but DO make sure you can return it if you happen to get the crummy adjuster.

When you say she "seems" to be too big for the Roundabout, I believe you, but do check where her shoulders are in relation to the harness slots. Her shoulders can be *just* above the top slots, and that's when you know it's outgrown...make sure the cover hasn't pulled down a little, making the slots appear lower than they are. If you're lucky, you might have a couple months left in your RA, and then you can see if there are any coming bargains on all these Britaxes, since they will finally be in other stores and the new Regent is coming out (new husky, you can see them at www.babycatalog.com) which might be a good choice for a big girl. Or, she might stay 35 pounds for a looooooong time, and maybe you can look at a harnessed booster/combo seat, like the Graco Ultra/Platinum/Cherished Cargo which has taller slots than the RA, but a 40 pound weight limit. Same goes for all the Evenflo combo seats (Generations/Traditions/Chase) should you prefer one of them.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx