PDA

View Full Version : Best price on Compass b500?

j_abdilla
07-12-2005, 12:31 AM
I was on albeebaby.com and found the compass in a solid navy for $74.99. They advertise it as being just like the compass b500 except it only has one cupholder, is a solid seat cover (instead of two colors) and comes in a plain white box. The first two things don't matter to me, but what's up with the box? Are these not really compass b500 boosters? The typical price I've seen on this seat every where I've looked is $89.99. I'd love to buy it for the $74.99 price, but this box thing makes me question it a bit. Anyone know what that's about? If not, has anyone seen this seat cheaper than $89.99? I saw that BRU (online) has a $10 off code for carseats, but since they charge tax and shipping, it's really not cheaper than other sites that charge neither. I posted this question on the cyber site too, but thought I'd check with you all as well. Thanks.

Joolsplus2
07-12-2005, 09:59 PM
I *think* the deal with the box is that if you buy the expensive one,it comes in a "travel box" that has a plastic handle and plastic dials to open and close it, so you can check it in airplane luggage. Most of these I sold when I worked at a baby store, the box ended up in the dumpster, anyway, so it's probably a good deal to get it cheaper and not be paying for the box! It folds up so small you can bring it on the plane if you travel and put it in the overhead compartment, anyway, so they don't lose it in luggage and leave you stuck at the airport with no seat.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx