PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advise ASAP for new carseat

1beccasmom
07-14-2005, 03:48 PM
I am looking to purchase a new carseat for my dd. She 26 months and 33 lbs. At the momment we have a Britax Roundabout, but she needs to be lifted into it and it's just getting way too hard on my back.

I did a lot of research and wound up purchasing the Evenflo Generations, but the clip that the harness goes into between her legs is right between her thighs and she's not comfortable (not that I can blame her) So needless to say the seat's going back.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise on which seat might be good for her and what might be the safest. I have done more research and I'm leaning toward the Cosco Summit High Back Booster 22-260. Would that be a good choice for her? Pros??Cons??
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ilene

Joolsplus2
07-14-2005, 04:01 PM
The Summit is up on a high base, too, and it also has really low top slots, so it wouldn't even get your dd as tall as the Roundabout would. I'd look at the Graco Ultra or Platinum or Cherished Cargo, she might find that quite comfy, and it's very low (all the same seat, just different covers/names, lol)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

1beccasmom
07-14-2005, 04:12 PM
Do you know what the weight limits are on those seats? Will they last for a while or am I going to be looking for another one in a few months?

Thanks,
Ilene

Joolsplus2
07-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Oh yeah, she might well hit 40 pounds (the top weight limit on ALL seats but for the Marathon and Husky) before she's ready for a booster (age 4 is the youngest you want to go into a booster, but older is better)... Maybe the Husky, then? That goes to 80 pounds, very tall top slots (like, it'll fit her till she's 8 and it expires, if you want to use it that long), and it's very low and easy to climb into.

1beccasmom
07-14-2005, 05:18 PM
Is that the only seat that would be appropriate? I was kind of hoping that I could get something that would last her for quite a while.

There's nothing that would harness her and convert ot use as more of a booster type thing?

I want her to be safe, but all these carseats...oh my gosh!

Thanks,
Ilene

Joolsplus2
07-14-2005, 05:28 PM
If you got one of those "combo seats" like you have, those would not last her till any older than age 8, anyway, as they are smaller than "dedicated" boosters (Turbo/Parkway). Plus, they ALL expire after 6 years...so, Husky, harnessed for 6 years, or Combo, harnessed for another year or 2, then as a booster till age 8...you're getting the same amount of time with anything you buy, but the Husky is the added advantage of harnessing the whole time.
Or, you could find a way to entice her to climb into her seat herself for now, and see if any different, higher weight options come out in the next year or so?