PDA

View Full Version : Britax Husky or Decathlon

atuyeno
07-15-2005, 12:49 PM
My 3-year old daughter is ~35 inches tall and weighs about 27 pounds. We are going to be adopting a little sister for her, so we wanted to move her up to a larger carseat. I have had her in a Britax Roundabout, which I totally love. I wanted to stick with Britax. I'm not sure which would be better to get.....a Husky or a Decathlon. I like the Decathlon due to it having the harness adjuster similar to the Roundabout but then the Husky could be used to a higher weight limit. My concern with getting the Decathlon is that my daughter would exceed the height limit but still require a booster, so I would once again have to buy another booster/carseat. What are people's thoughts?

Thanks,
Alice

Mommy to a sweet baby boy
07-15-2005, 09:09 PM
is your dd rear facing or forward facing. if she is ff i would suggest getting her the husky, but waiting untill you have your 2nd dd before doing so because they are coming out with a new version of the husky and so you might want to get the new version because of the cover choices, or you might just want to look for a great deal and buy it now. if you get the husky you can use it untill your daughter is 80 lbs, the weight of some 10 year olds. I would suggest getting the husky, and moving your new baby into the roundabout.

congratulations on the adoption, i think it is an amazing thing that i hope to do one day

hth