PDA

View Full Version : Combo Seat for small 2 1/2 year old?

mommyb
07-20-2005, 08:39 PM
DS1 is a small 2 1/2 year old - 27 lbs., 34 inches. DS2 recently outgrew his infant seat. I have both boys in Marathons in my car. We are in the market to buy additional carseats for Dad and Grandparents. They currently have Evenflo Triumphs for DS1. Should I put DS2 in the Triumph and buy a combo seat for DS1? Or is DS1 just too small for a combo seat? I think that technically he meets the requirements for the combo seat, but is it really safe?

Thanks!

JElaineB
07-20-2005, 10:37 PM
A combo seat is just like a big convertible seat, except it can only be forward facing and not rear facing. Do you still have your DS1 rearfacing in his convertible seats? If you want to keep him rearfacing then a combo seat won't work, but if you have him FF then a combo seat should be fine. We just bought DS a Graco Cargo for MIL's car and it really seems like just a bigger version of a convertible seat. I don't think a combo seat would be too big for him. My DS is going to need to be on the tallest slots on the combo seat soon, and he isn't much bigger than your DS, he is maybe one or two lbs. heavier and one or two inches taller.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Joni
07-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Since you'll be buying 2 seats I'd go for a combo which can run a little cheaper. Right now at Target they have a version of the Graco Cargo on sale for 30% off. They have the tallest harness heights (along with the Evenflo Combos) of any harnessed seat besides the Britax seats but only got to 40 pounds. Then they turn into BPB which isn't their best feature. Both the Graco and Evenflo seats have the same limits but Evenflo tends to run a little less, unless you get the Recarro which is a little spendier. There is no reason that your DS1 can't be in the Combo unless you want him rear facing, then like the previous poster said, these are not the seats for you.
JONI CPST