PDA

View Full Version : Which Graco CarGo Booster and Will it fit in our truck??

Sara_Avery_1more
07-27-2005, 08:37 AM
I'm thinking of getting a Graco CarGo, but not sure which one or the differences in the models, Ulra, Platinum, Cherished, or Treasured??

We only have one car, which is a '99 Ford F250. DD right now is in an Evenflo Titan 5 and since the backseat of the truck is so straight the seat sits up very straight too. She is also behind the driver's seat so that I can see her and doesn't have much leg room.

Our truck has 4 doors, but the front doors have to be open first and then the smaller back doors can be opened, if that made sense.

I am worried that a combo booster might not fit in our truck. I am going to save the evenflo for our 2nd dd (due in 8 days) once she outgrows the infant carrier.

Oh..at her 2 yr appt she was 26 lbs and 34 inches. She is now 2 1/2 and is 36 inches and not sure how much she weighs, maybe 27-28 lbs.

Thanks!

Joolsplus2
07-27-2005, 10:06 AM
All the Cargos are the same, with the exception that the Treasured doesn't have a front harness adjuster (baaaaaad Graco for making that!)...so if you can try out ANY of them at Babies R Us or Toys R Us (leave them your license and you can try the floor model out), then order the one you like if you can find a better price for it online (the only differences are in the covers and cupholders). I think it should fit fine, though, as it's a fairly compatible seat. www.carseatdata.org might have a match for your car :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Joni
07-27-2005, 05:51 PM
My neighbor has a Platinum Cargo in a Dogde extended cab truck which has essentially the same size of seat. The Platinum has a recline bar but doesn't help a ton in a pick up. They do fit though. When you're installing the seat make sure 80% of the base is on the truck seat. That's the general rule for small vehicle seats.
JONI
CPST