PDA

View Full Version : Graco or Britax?

Phxmom
08-01-2005, 12:21 AM
My petite daughter is turning 4 this month. She is barely 30 pounds. We had to move her out of her Britax roundabout since her baby sister has outgrown her baby seat. I went to babies R Us tonight to buy a Britax Parkway (or 2) for my daughter, but they were sold out. So, I picked up one Graco TurboBooster. It was the more plush one with the memory foam. It was $70. The Parkway is $100, but the $30 price difference is no big deal to me. My question is this... should I go back and get another of these Graco TurboBoosters for our other car, or should I get the Britax Parkway? We have an SUV and a Honda Accord. Would a certain seat fit better in these types of cars? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Joni
08-01-2005, 06:28 PM
30 lbs is pretty small but I'm in the same boat. My daughter will be 4 soon and is also barely 30 lbs and almost too tall for her harnessed seats too. I personally like the Graco's just fine. I was going to get a Parkway also but have decided to get the Graco instead. It has EPS foam and is very safe and comes in many fabrics that are very kid appealing.
Normally I would recommend keeping a child in a harness longer but if she's 4 she's old enough and I know that buying a Marathon or Husky isn't always an option. Just emphasize the importance of staying buckled to her and what I've heard parents do when the child does unbuckle is freak out and it usually doesn't happen again.
JONI CPST

ShayleighCarsensMom
08-07-2005, 05:15 PM
I would keep your daughter in a 5pt harness seat as long as possible. My daughter at 4 years and 45 pounds has plenty of grow room left in her marathon. I personally think that she is not old enough to understand that you need to sit properly in a booster at all times, I just think it has too much wiggle room for her to be 100% safe, 100% of the time.
HTH