PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on which Britax seat to purchase for 3yo

Pacific Mama
08-25-2005, 03:50 PM
I currently have my 3 1/2 yo daughter in a roundabout, which I am going to transfer over to her infant sister. So I need a new seat for her. She is about 30lbs, and 37 inches. The seat will be placed in a minivan's captain seat.

My primary concern is getting the safest seat possible, that will fit her a reasonably long time (and will eventually go to her younger sister). I am confused about the different Britax options! Please help. Thanks.

Joni
08-25-2005, 05:33 PM
You really have 4 choices. Britax Marathon/Decathalon harnessed to 65 lbs, the Wizard harnessed to 65 lbs with side impact protection or the Husky/Regent harnessed to 80 lbs. Husky/Regent cannot be rear facing, don't know how you feel about that. All are nice and safe, the Husky/Regent is a wide seat. There are some decent sales on them right now too.
JONI CPST

Joolsplus2
08-25-2005, 07:48 PM
I agree, you can't go wrong with any of them.. A boulevard rearfacing till 33 pounds would be my ideal choice (see the link in my sig!) But a forward facing Marathon is also VERY safe (minivans are quite protective in side impact crashes...the body is further from the door, head higher up from bumpers, and all properly used seats are very very safe. The Husky is awesome, too, but your dd's not a very big kiddo, and she might feel like she's totally swimming in it (my dd didn't like her brother's Husky nearly as much as she loved her Marathon at that age)
www.arunningstroller.com has several cover choices in Marathons right now for $199 (I'm not affiliated with them, I just think it's a pretty good deal and a good price to shoot for)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Pacific Mama
08-25-2005, 10:22 PM
Thanks to both of you for your advice. I think it sounds like I should go with the marathon since she is on the small side. I will check out the link for the $199 deal.

thanks again!