PDA

View Full Version : Why do I feel guilty?

Hallie_D
08-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Noah is just about to outgrow his SnugRide. We decided to give him Elijah's RA and to buy Eli a new seat, one of the ones that converts from a FF seat to a booster so we don't have to buy him another one. Yesterday we went to Target and bought him the Graco Platinum CarGo. We are going to visit a local police station with a carseat installation expert to have both seats correctly installed (RA will be RF).

Why do I feel guilty for not buying another Britax? For us it is very much a financial issue. The larger Britax seats are considerably more expensive. And even though Eli is only 26 lbs or so, we can't keep him RF (and had to turn him when Noah was born) because we can't fit a seat RF behind the driver's seat since DH is the primary driver. And frankly, having a narrow seat like the CG is much more appealing since it allows someone else to sit in the back seat with the two carseats, something that might not be possible with the larger Britax seats.

So why do I feel like I'm talking myself into feeling like I made a good, safe decision?

Aunt to sweet baby boy
08-29-2005, 05:41 PM
I think that you made a great decision. Your ds is going to be able to be harnessed for at least another year in this seat which is great. I think that you made the right decision for you, someone else may have done something else. By keeping your son in a harness seat you are keeping him safe.

I think you made a great decision

Ilana

Joolsplus2
08-29-2005, 07:01 PM
He's harnessed in an EPS foam lined seat with good padding and non-twist straps and a reasonably easy adjuster... it practically IS a Britax seat, but with fewer recalls ;).

You'll probably want to get him a good booster in a couple years when he's too tall for the harness in the Cargo (like at age 5) and pass the Cargo down to the baby as a harnessed seat... you'll be a lot happier with a dedicated booter rather than the Cargo as a booster, but as a harnessed seat, it really rocks, IMO.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Hallie_D
08-30-2005, 09:59 AM
Thank you for your kind words and excellent suggestions! I don't know why I've been so jittery about this!!!