PDA

View Full Version : Need Car Seat for Grandma's car

Windy City Heather
09-01-2005, 08:56 AM
I can't believe how fast preschool has come up on us. I need to get a car seat for my mom's car. My dd is 3, 33 lbs. and 37 inches. I have not looked into car seats since before she was born. I am going out of town for the weekend so I have to do this today. I was hoping you could give me some guidence. Safety is my number one concern but I also don't want to spend an arm and a leg for a car seat that will only get used 1 or 2 times a week.

I have done a little research. I am I correct that I can get a booster with a five point harness? If so, this is what I think I would want but I have no idea what brands to look at.

Please help and Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
Heather

Joolsplus2
09-01-2005, 10:40 AM
Yup, booster with a 5 point harness :)
The graco Platinum or Ultra or Cherished Cargos are great, as are the Evenflo Generations or Bolero (or the Chase or Generations if you find them, but I think the G and B are supplanting them).
These all have nice tall top slots (to keep her harnessed till 40 pounds or quite tall...my 5 yo still fit in them a few months ago!), front harness adjusters, and fit well in a variety of cars, and become pretty good boosters later.

Cosco/Safety First/Eddie Bauer have low top slots, so don't even bother, they won't keep her harnessed long enough :P

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx