PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Generations or Graco Platinum Cargo

ilovemodern
09-20-2005, 12:14 PM
I am having a difficult time trying to decide which car seat to get my daughter. She will be 4 in a couple of months. She weighs 31 pounds and is 37 1/2" tall. I'm considering the Evenflo Generations or the Graco Platinum Cargo. I like the Evenflo because it has the expanding headrest, the harness tightening knobs are on the sides, and I think it would make a good booster seat when she grows out of the harness. I don't like it because it doesn't have the EPS foam (but does have lots of cushion) and the armrests do not seam very sturdy.
I like the Graco because of the EPS foam and it seams to be a very sturdy chair. I'm concerned about it being a booster seat. The parts that hold the shoulder belt are part of the cushion and they look as though they wouldn't allow much give in the belt. That part just doesn't seem right. Is there another seat I should be looking at? I would appreciate any opinions or suggestions.
Thanks

Joolsplus2
09-20-2005, 01:51 PM
There's the new Recaro Young Sport (www.recarodealer.com and keyword SHOW is a great price ;)... it's more expensive, but with VERY tall top slots, you'll be able to keep your skinny minnie harnessed to a full 40 pounds, and it becomes an excellent booster...open belt path, side impact protection, nice deep and tall seat... It would probably get her to the end of her booster days at around age 10 (versus a Graco or Evenflo now, and more than likely something bigger and sturdier later).
So far I know three moms who really love their young Sports.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx