PDA

View Full Version : PARKWAY Question

maluhia
09-21-2005, 02:38 PM
My dad just bought this booster for our son for his car, but it's an '89 Toyota and the seatbelt in the back is one that clicks over the shoulder and the other across the lap. IS that OK to use with the PARKWAY??

Ok, 2nd ??:

I put the booster in my car, but the seat seems to move. Since I've had the Roundabout and the Wizard, Im use to these seats being like solid rocks. And now with no lock offs im just wondering if its ok that it seems to slide around. I swear I followed the directions but I could be so wrong, yk?;-)
thanks for your help!

Joolsplus2
09-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Oh, it's SO HARD to get used to "loose" boosters! Deep breath, you'll be ok ;)... Seriously, it'll start seeming less loose as time goes on...they don't usually tip or move at all as kids are climbing in and out of them or anything.

Hmmmmm....the seatbelt... I think the only kind you can't use with Parkways are the ones that slide back and forth, motorized in the door... but as long as there is a lap and a shoulderbelt, back seats are usually fine. Does that help? My manual is so far away in the car <whine whine>.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

maluhia
09-22-2005, 04:37 AM
teehee. ok, exhale.
I ask since the toddler bargain book made me extra nervous about the bodyguard having the lockoffs and the parkway does not, so it's rating isnt as high.
Is it really safe for it to be loose? I guess im seeking peace of mind that we made the right choice in boosters...sigh*

Joolsplus2
09-22-2005, 07:14 AM
Hmm...they write that book without reading anything I say! lol... The bodyguard was a nice seat, but the only reason it has lockoffs is because it's too heavy to pass government booster standards without it. That belt lockoff doesn't do diddly to keep a kid's upper body protected in the seat, they can still lean forward and sideways all over the place, and do, because the headwings are SO confining and annoying. The Parkway is SO much better...easier to use, lighter, better headwings, AND the ability to lock the shoulderbelt in place to actually keep a kid back (in cars that have that feature)...if you lock the belt on the Bodyguard, you are in for minutes of annoyance to get it unlocked from the clamps...the belt's all tight...trust me, nightmare, lol.

baby_mis1
09-26-2005, 09:16 PM
I'm new to the world of boosters. I had seen a "feedback" comment on a website somewhere that a parent liked the lock-offs since it kept the seat from flying around the car when it was empty. Any comments along those lines - what do you do with the boosters that don't attach when your kid isn't in the car...especially if there is a sibling in the car seat right next to it...

Valerie
Mom to Jonas 2-21-02 (won't move out of his Marathon until #2 needs it - EDD of 8-23-05 and still waiting....)

Joolsplus2
09-27-2005, 07:37 AM
Yeah, that was a plus to the Bodyguard :). I leave my Parkways with the seatbelt threaded through the belt guide and the shoulderbelt draped over the sidewings and then don't worry about it. With another kid sitting there, I might buckle it in more (the manual tells you to...), but I'm not terribly concerned about boosters flying around and hurting others... it's not much weight, and most of it is EPS foam and light plastic. You can leave the Recaro Young Sport or Start tethered in when not in use, if you wanted to consider one of those.

PS...consider getting another Marathon for your new baby...Jonas won't be old enough for a booster when the baby is out of the infant seat...just a thought :)