PDA

View Full Version : DS is turning 4 next month & is 42 in & 50 lbs. Need help with booster seat for him...

plumeriarose
09-24-2005, 12:44 AM
I am currently using a Britax Marathon and I am not sure how long I will be able to use it. He is growing up quite fast!! I have read posts about tbe Britax Parkway and Husky and for the Graco Turbo Booster as well. Which one would be more appropriate for my rapidly growing DS :)

Thanks for your help and advice!
Lisa

Joni
09-24-2005, 08:40 PM
All three would be good choices. It depends on your budget and your desire to keep him harnessed. If you desire keeping him harnessed, you have only one choice: Husky/Regent. If you think he's ready for a booster (listen's well, able to sit still, mature...) you could go with either booster. The Parkway has side impact protection whereas the Graco Turbo doesn't. The parkway can also run twice as much as the Turbo (depending on which turbo version you buy). If you want a variety of cover choice, the Turbo has more "cool" choices for kids like Buzz Lightyear or some other "boy friendly" covers. Both have EPS foam in the head rests and are nicely padded. If you want to buy two seats, I'd go for the Turbo because you can get two nice seats for about the same price as one Parkway.
We have a booster in each car because DD is often picked up by someone different than the person who dropped her off, sometimes without advanced notice. There is no carseat lugging involved and my DH doesn't have to have the "flower power" seat in his "manly truck".
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the choices. It all depends on your pocket book.
JONI CPST

plumeriarose
09-26-2005, 12:34 AM
Thank you Joni for your reply :) I think my DS needs to still be harnessed. I can still see him try to squirm around and get out of his seat! The only thing is that I have a Ford Taurus and the dimensions for the Britax Husky/Regent is 22in W, 38 in H, 14 D, and my Marathon is 19.5 in W, 28 in H, 25 in D. The Husky/Regent is a pretty big seat. I will have to test them out in my car to make sure it fits!

Thanks again with all your help!

Lisa :)

Joolsplus2
09-26-2005, 08:53 AM
It definitely fits in a Taurus :). I have several friends who use Huskies in Tauri (is that the plural? lol)
Those Regent measurements on some of the retail websites are *really* wrong.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

mommyto4
09-26-2005, 10:43 AM
It depends on if you need to be able to fit three people in the back seat of the Taurus or not. If you need to be able to fit three in the back, then it probably wouldn't work. But, if you only need to fit one or two, it would be fine. I currently have two Huskies in the back of my 96 Honda Accord and they fit fine. Can't put anyone else back there though. I hope this helps.

Melinda
mom to four (ages 8 1/2, 7, 5 1/2 & 22 yrs.)
& grandma to one beautiful 6 month old baby girl

Joolsplus2
09-26-2005, 10:50 AM
Good point! Huskies definitely (well, 99% of the time) turn a 5 seater car into a 4 seater car.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx