PDA

View Full Version : combo seat for toddler- which is best buy for the money?

jennifer13
10-08-2005, 07:25 PM
Hi,
I think I will pass along my toddler's Britax RA to the 6 month old (who is huge and growing quickly), and put the toddler in a "combo" forward facing seat that becomes a booster. Money is tight right now, so I need a good economical option that is still relatively good quality. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03
and Leah 3/24/05

Joni
10-08-2005, 08:22 PM
If you can pay $100, I'd get the Evenflo Bolero/Generation seat. They go to 40 lbs harnessed and 100lbs as a BPB. They have a unique design that "grows" as a booster, much like the Turbo booster by Graco. If you're looking for very economical, I'd go for an Evenflo Chase/Vision which run about $50-$70 depending on the extras that come with them. Another choice would be the Graco Cargo seats in either ultra or platinum but they don't work as well as a booster and they tend to be a little more expensive than the Chase/Vision. I've never installed the Bolero/Generation, but I have installed the Chase and Cargo seats several times as that's what we used until my dd outgrew teh harness and they are both easy to install.
JONI CPST